Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Things to come

Hello All


It has been awhile since I last posted but I need to be and will be more consistant :)  Most of you know that I am leaving for Mexico and South America soon under the covering of Iris Ministries.  The preparations for this trip thus far have been forcing me to trust in the Lord completely, which will most likely be the same for the trip itself.  Its funny how it can be so hard to give up control but at the same time it feels so liberating!  I know that on this trip the Lord is going to be doing amazing things.  We have been praying that the Lord would prepare the way for us and prepare the hearts of those we will encounter.  I wanted to invite each of you to join us in prayer for open hearts and open doors, creative miracles and for the love of the father to impact all we meet.  We want to be completely led by the Holy Spirit and for Him to use us as He sees fit. 

Below is a letter that I sent out to friends and family, if you feel led to support financially, any information that you would need is on the letter and would be much appreciated! 



July 31, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,                              

            First off, I just want to say thank you for all of the emotional, spiritual and financial support you gave me during my mission’s trip to Africa with Iris Ministries this past year.  We were able to see thousands of lives changed by the Love that never fails.  On Christmas day we fed over 3,200 children with a chicken dinner, something that is a real treat for them.  We went into the villages, prayed for the sick, fed thousands of Ethiopian and Somalian refugees and even baptized 30 Africans in an elephant watering hole (the elephants weren’t thereJ).  It was truly a life changing experience, one that will never be forgotten. 
            While in Africa, I met some amazing people and we began meeting and preparing for a trip throughout Mexico, Central and South America.  This trip will be approximately a year long beginning September 11th, 2011, however I will leave for the west coast to meet up with the team and prepare the vehicles mid-August. We will be caravanning through each country along the way to visit various mission bases to help and minister to the missionaries as well as the unreached people groups within the mountains and jungles of South America.  Our vision is to go farther than our vehicles can take us and reach as many as we can, trusting that the Lord will do amazing things!    
            As I prepare to pack for this year long journey, I am also preparing for the expenses that come along with this once in a lifetime ministry opportunity.  Each of you have played an important role in my life thus far and I would like to invite you to continue your support through both finances and prayer.  If you would like to lend your support they will be tax deductible, as I have partnered with CMM, Christ’s Mandate for Missions. You can send monthly or one time donations, with my name included in the memo and checks made out to CMM, to the address below or by visiting: www.eaglemissions.net and clicking on the donate button.  If you are able to support me monthly, you will receive monthly receipts for your donations.

CMM
P.O. Box 7705
Charlotte, NC 28241

I will try to keep an updated blog while I am gone, although I am unsure of how much internet access I will have.  The best way to find out more is by checking out our group blog.  My personal blog is: melissamercurio.blogspot.com
The group blog is:  irislatinamerica.blogspot.com

Thank you again for your love, support, and prayers.

Blessings,


Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment