Thursday, March 17, 2011

First Post!!!

Well here it is, my very first blog.  It is something I've been meaning to do for awhile now but just didn't get around to.  My vision for this blog is to journal the encounters of Love in both everyday life and among the mission field.  I guess even everyday life is a mission in itself, whether in a line at your favorite coffee shop or a friend just needing to talk.  We are called to love, whatever it may look like. 

Something I've been making a point to do is meeting with my aunt at least once a week in attempts to love her and guide her.  Growing up I always looked up to her and most of my family for their strength and goodness.  She like many, has been through alot in her life and became a little disconnected in the process.  She needed a friend, someone to relate to, someone to encourage her.  We have met several times, sometimes we talk about the Lord and what we can be doing to get deeper and other times we talk about family or creative ideas we have.  This is all a process of building up our relationship, something that the Lord really values.

I guess I just wanted to encourage you with this first blog to maybe step out a little more and see where the Lord takes you.  His plan for us is good.  We are born to love.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Melissa, this is such a good post. I love love love what you said about mission in everyday life. Very true. I wish you well with your blog! Blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete